ST. PETERSBURG, Fla. — Tyler Glasnow took a one-hitter into the eighth inning and Willy Adames homered in the seventh to help the Tampa Bay Rays beat the sputtering Texas Rangers 1-0.
The Rangers were shut out for the third time in four games. Glasnow fanned a career-high 14 in 7 2/3 innings to finally get his first win of the season after pitching well but not being involved in the decision in two previous starts.
Adames homered off Taylor Hearn (0-1) with two outs, just the third hit yielded by Texas pitchers.
What other people are reading right now:
- 'We need to rescue this girl': Deputies ask for help finding missing New Port Richey girl, 11
- DeSantis lashes out at YouTube for removing COVID panel discussion; Democrats blast 'waste of time'
- NWS confirms 2 tornadoes hit the Tampa Bay area over the weekend
- High school senior electrocuted by downed power line during storms in Spring Hill
- Derek Chauvin trial: Experts speculate prosecutors may rest their case Monday
- Police chief: Officer who shot and killed Daunte Wright meant to fire Taser
- 7 things to know about the space shuttle on 40th anniversary of 1st launch
►Breaking news and weather alerts: Get the free 10 Tampa Bay app
►Stay In the Know! Sign up now for the Brightside Blend Newsletter