TAMPA, Fla. — The Toronto Raptors say six members of their coaching staff, including head coach Nick Nurse, will miss Friday’s game against Houston.
The decision is in keeping with the league’s health and safety protocols regarding the coronavirus.
The Raptors say they will continue to work remotely and did not immediately specify who would be handling in-game coaching duties. It also wasn’t clear if their game Friday would be played.
The NBA has postponed 29 games this season already because of virus-related issues, though this is the first time that a team has said its coaching staff would be unable to be at a game because of the protocols.
The team says Raptors General Manager Bobby Webster will speak Friday at 5:45 p.m., during the head coach’s pregame availability window.
This is a developing story. Check back with 10 Tampa Bay for updates.
- QR codes: How to protect your cell phone from scams
- Rays 101: Your ultimate guide to jumping on the bandwagon this season
- '40,000 cases daily': Florida scientists say U.K. variant could spark a 4th wave of COVID-19 infections in the state
- House approves Equality Act with expanded LGBTQ legal safeguards
- Militia official: US strike in Syria kills 1, wounds several
- The sky will be extra bright this weekend from the full "Snow Moon"
►Breaking news and weather alerts: Get the free 10 Tampa Bay app
►Stay In the Know! Sign up now for the Brightside Blend Newsletter