BOCA RATON, Fla. — Former Florida State quarterback Deondre Francois will walk on at Florida Atlantic University, according to several media reports.
Francois graduated from Florida State over the weekend. He is eligible to play immediately as a graduate transfer and has two years of eligibility left.
Florida State dismissed Francois from the football team in February. A woman believed to be Francois’ girlfriend posted a video to Instagram that accused him of abusing her. The video was deleted from Instagram. Francois was never charged, according to ESPN.
In Francois’ 25 starts, Florida State had a 15-10 record.
The Seminoles were plagued by offensive line struggles in 2018. The team did not play in a bowl game for the first time since 1982.
What other people are reading right now:
- 3-year-old dies after 'heinous' sexual abuse, police say
- 9-year-old boy riding bike to school dies after being hit by truck in Sarasota County
- Counseling service offers special sessions for 'Game of Thrones' fans
- Gator chilling on an inflatable gator is the most Florida thing you'll see
- Father shoots intruder after finding him in daughter's bedroom, police say
►Make it easy to keep up-to-date with more stories like this. Download the 10News app now.