TAMPA, Fla. — The University of South Florida will open the 2019 season wearing new Adidas uniforms.
The university announced Tuesday it would wear the new Adidas WVN A1 uniforms during its season-opening game against Wisconsin on Aug. 30 at Raymond James Stadium.
"We look forward to the Bulls looking great and feeling great in the new lightweight, breathable material," USF Vice President of Athletics Michael Kelly said in a news release.
USF will be the only team in the country wearing the WVN A1 uniform, which is the lightest uniform Adidas has created.
The Bulls will wear a green uniform at home and white on the road. Both uniforms will feature a gold horn on each shoulder using a material developed in Israel. The reflective metallic gold material also highlights numbers and lettering on the uniforms.
USF Athletics announced an eight-year partnership with Adidas in December 2017.
What other people are reading right now:
- Nearly half of young people aren't using deodorant, poll finds
- Mom charged with homicide nearly a decade after 4-year-old girl's death
- New Jersey man found dead in the Dominican Republic; 9th American tourist to die in country
- Hernando County pizza restaurant customers may have been exposed to hepatitis A
- Acting defense secretary explains why he withdrew from leading Pentagon
►Make it easy to keep up-to-date with more stories like this. Download the 10News app now.