TAMPA, Fla. — It may be off-season for the Tampa Bay Buccaneers, but offensive tackle Tristan Wirfs is putting in work – and going viral while doing it.
The 6-foot-5 inch athlete posted a video Monday afternoon to his Twitter, where he is seen doing a seated 48-inch box jump with a weighted vest on.
The move is insanely impressive because Wirfs weighs in at 320 pounds.
Wirfs pays respect to Seattle Seahawks wide receiver DeKaylin Zecharius "DK" Metcalf saying that he wasn't on Metcalf's level yet, but it could be achievable one day.
Metcalf also gained a lot on online attention on July 10, 2021 after he completed a single legged 42” box jump while holding a 15lb medicine ball.
Wirfs is an Iowa native who was drafted in the first round by the Bucs in 2020 as the 13th pick.
What other people are reading right now:
- Your guide to the Lightning's Stanley Cup victory parade in Tampa
- Haitian man with Florida ties arrested in Haitian president's assassination
- 'Unprecedented': 841 Florida manatees have died so far this year
- Billionaire Richard Branson reaches space in his own ship
- Here's how to check current beach conditions before you go
- A Frank Conversation: New podcast explores race, religion, politics and more
►Breaking news and weather alerts: Get the free 10 Tampa Bay app
►Stay In the Know! Sign up now for the Brightside Blend Newsletter