EAST RUTHERFORD, N.J. — The Bucs hope to continue their two game winning streak in primetime on Monday Night Football against the New York Giants.
The Giants aren't the greatest team this season. They're sitting at the bottom of the NFC East. But they do have one thing on the Bucs that no other team has. They are the one of the few teams that QB Tom Brady has struggled against his entire career. He has a regular season record of 4-1, but is 0-2 against them in the playoffs.
Tonight, that should change. Brady and the Bucs come into the game 5-2 and are tied for first with the New Orleans Saints. The Giants come into the game 1-6 fighting for last place in the NFC East.
The Bucs will have to win without WR Chris Godwin who is out with a finger injury. Also new WR Antonio Brown won't be active tonight because he is still serving an eight-game suspension for violating the NFL's personal conduct policy.
Meanwhile the Giants will be down five players, including guard Will Hernandez who is out after testing positive for COVID-19.
Tonight is the first time the Bucs are on Monday Night Football since 2018, when they lost at home to the Steelers.
What other people are reading right now:
- What to expect on election night 2020: 3 ways this year could be different
- Eta strengthens into Category 1 hurricane
- 16-year-old killed in boat crash on the Intracoastal Waterway; teen charged
- International Space Station marks 20 years of humans living in space
- Coronavirus in Florida: State reports 4,865 new cases
- Bacteria lurking in Florida water responsible for hundreds of cases
- What you need to know about the 6 constitutional amendments on Florida ballots
►Breaking news and weather alerts: Get the free 10 Tampa Bay app
►Stay In the Know! Sign up now for the Brightside Blend Newsletter