Former Tampa Bay Buccaneer defensive lineman Albert Haynesworth says on social media that he needs a kidney transplant.
The 38-year-old Haynesworth posted on Instagram that he's been battling kidney disease for a few years. He shared a photo of himself in a hospital bed and wrote that his kidneys failed him Sunday and he's looking for a donor.
Haynesworth played 10 seasons in the NFL, including the first seven with the Tennessee Titans who drafted him No. 15 overall in the 2002 draft out of the University of Tennessee. He also played for Washington, New England and Tampa Bay.
He was selected as an All-Pro after the 2007 and 2008 seasons and had 30 1/2 sacks in 123 games.
What other people are reading right now:
- Tropical disturbance in the Gulf of Mexico likely to strengthen to a depression
- Police: Mom had kids ride in swimming pool on car roof
- Man says he was kicked off Busch Gardens ride because he looked too old
- Tech worker charged with murder in death of Utah college student
- Woman caught urinating into ice cream bucket, spitting into ice cream at shop, police say
►Make it easy to keep up-to-date with more stories like this. Download the 10News app now.