ST. PETERSBURG, Fla. — When the Bucs drafted Jameis Winston first overall in the 2015 NFL Draft, the quarterback was expected to bring the franchise back to the playoffs.
Five seasons, 88 interceptions and no playoff appearances later – Winston is now a New Orleans Saint.
Winston and the Saints agreed to a one-year contract for the quarterback to backup future Hall of Famer Drew Brees. Winston went 28-42 with the Bucs setting franchise records in yards (19,373) and touchdowns (121). The quarterback led the NFL in passing in 2019 and was named to the Pro Bowl in 2015.
In 2018, Winston was suspended for the first three games of the season after an Uber driver accused Winston of groping her in Scottsdale, Arizona, in 2016.
Prior to playing for the Bucs, Winston played for Florida State, winning the 2013 National Championship and Heisman Trophy.
What other people are reading right now:
- 'Ineligible' for unemployment assistance? Florida wants you to apply again
- Pinellas County beaches reopening Monday with restrictions
- Governor DeSantis will make an announcement Wednesday about reopening Florida
- What will Florida restaurants need to do to reopen? A food safety expert weighs in
- Do your glasses fog up when you wear a mask? Here's how to fix that
- 2020 Atlantic hurricane season: This could be an active few months
- Hotlines, websites offer the latest on COVID-19
FREE 10NEWS APP:
►Stay In the Know! Sign up now for the Brightside Blend Newsletter