TAMPA, Fla. — A day after being traded to the Tampa Bay Buccaneers from the New England Patriots, Rob Gronkowski made his online introduction during a virtual press conference.
Gronkowski said he's looking forward to calling Tampa home.
"I'm a T-shirt and shorts guy, rolling out of bed with the sandals," he said.
Gronk says he can't compare Bruce Arians and Bill Belichick, but he knows several players who have played for him, "they all told me I'm gonna love playing with him."
On his comeback, "It's probably going to be a bigger challenge taking a year off. I've been staying active, staying busy, not gonna lie, not necessarily with football stuff. I've been keeping up my cardio."
Gronkowski played nine years with the Patriots and won three Super Bowls with Tom Brady. The two have a special friendship.
"Playing with Tom is special. He's one of the greatest of all time. Playing with the same quarterback is special too.
Watch the full media availability below.
- Florida is getting ready to re-open. Here's who's on the task force
- Tom Brady and Rob Gronkowski will reunite in Tampa Bay
- 'Not so fast': Epidemiologists hesitant to say Florida has flattened the curve
- SOLVED: Source of coronavirus exposure discovered for NC woman who hadn't left her house in weeks
- In COVID-19 fight, an ‘arsenal’ of treatments being studied in Tampa
- Wendy's is giving away free chicken nuggets
- Hotlines, websites offer the latest on COVID-19
FREE 10NEWS APP:
►Stay In the Know! Sign up now for the Brightside Blend Newsletter