TAMPA, Fla — A Secret deodorant ad featuring soccer player Carli Lloyd poking fun at the Buccaneers' recent loss ran in Thursday's Tampa Bay Times.
Kicker Matt Gay missed a 34-yard field goal that could have won Sunday's game for the Bucs. The team lost 32-21 to the New York Giants.
The ad that ran in Thursday's newspaper read: "HEY BUCS FANS, DO YOU SWEAT 34-YARDERS?"
"Carli Lloyd doesn't."
"Secret believes strength is more than overcoming what makes us sweat. It's continuing to pursue progress and equality in all industries & sectors. Women may not play professional football (yet), but isn't it time for a level playing field wherever she wants to play?"
The ad featured a photo of American soccer player Lloyd, who last month was approached by multiple NFL teams to become a professional NFL kicker. A video of Lloyd kicking a 55-yard field goal on a visit to a Philadelphia Eagles training session went viral in August.
What other people are reading right now:
- Granville Ritchie found guilty of murdering 9-year-old girl
- Man opens 'waterpark' to solve dispute with neighbor, post goes viral
- Alzheimer's trial at USF shows promising results for memory loss reversal
- 'Miracle baby' born after six miscarriages dies after babysitter left her in hot car, parents say
- 5 patients receive organ donations from Northeast High School football captain
FREE 10NEWS APP:
►Stay In the Know! Sign up now for the Brightside Blend Newsletter