It’s been a big year for Devin White. The Tampa Bay Buccaneers’ rookie linebacker was named the NFL’s Defensive Rookie of the Month for December.
He earned the honor in November, too.
That’s a first for the franchise, but the consecutive wins are clearly well-deserved.
White averaged seven tackles per game in 2019 – more than any other rookie in the league. He also tied for the most fumble recoveries.
On Sunday, he snatched one up and ran 91 yards for a touchdown.
What other people are reading right now:
- Deputies: New Jersey man came to Florida, wore bulletproof vest, claimed to be 'sheriff'
- Asteroid to pass by Earth at 18,400 miles per hour
- Justin Long's movie begins filming in Tampa
- Multiple people report gunfire damage to cars on I-4, I-95
- 'I’m not giving up': Father pushes to change Florida's 'stand your ground' law
- Could 2020 be the year Florida legalizes recreational marijuana?