NEW ORLEANS — Tonight just was not the Tampa Bay Buccaneers night as the team fell 34-23 to the New Orleans Saints. Tom Brady was intercepted twice in his Tampa Bay debut.
Alvin Kamara scored touchdowns running and receiving for the Saints helping build their lead. The first of Brady’s interceptions led to Kamara’s 6-yard touchdown run. The second pick was returned 36 yards for a touchdown by Janoris Jenkins.
Neither quarterback was statistically exceptional in this first-ever NFL game featuring two quarterbacks in their 40s. The 43-year-old Brady finished with 239 yards passing and two touchdowns. Brees passed for 160 yards and two TDs.
What other people are reading right now:
- Tropical Storm Sally strengthens in the Gulf of Mexico
- Pool testing helps USF Bulls get to their first football game of the season
- How to Uranus without a telescope this week
- Deputies searching for missing newborn who could be with mother with 'terminated' parental rights
- All 3 Tampa Bay sports teams play on Sunday. Here's how to watch
- Florida bars allowed to reopen at half-capacity starting Monday
►Breaking news and weather alerts: Get the free 10 Tampa Bay app
►Stay In the Know! Sign up now for the Brightside Blend Newsletter