TAMPA, Fla. — They’re moving on! The Tampa Bay Lightning secure their spot in the Stanley Cup Final with a 2-1 win over the New York Islanders.
And we now know what time they will meet the Dallas Stars on the ice: Saturday, Sept 19. at 7:30 p.m. ET.
The Game 6 win came in overtime after three periods of the teams holding strong at a tied score of 1-1. Heading into tonight the Bolts led the series 3-2.
Bolts' final goal of the game came later in OT after it started with a four-minute power play for Greene being called for a double minor for catching Kucherov high with his stick.
The last time the team played in the Stanley Cup Final was 2015.
Tonight’s win set a Lightning franchise record for the fewest games needed to reach the Stanley Cup Final, at 15. In 2004, it took the Bolts 16 games to reach the final. In 2015, it took 20.
Pending any changes here is the rest of the Stanley Cup Final schedule:
- Game 2: Monday, Sept. 21 at 8 p.m.
- Game 3: Wednesday, Sept. 23 at 8 p.m.
- Game 4: Friday, Sept. 25 at 8 p.m.
- *Game 5: Saturday, Sept. 26 at 8 p.m.
- *Game 6: Monday, Sept. 28 at 8 p.m.
- *Game 7: Wednesday, Sept. 30 at 8 p.m.
* Indicates games considered "if necessary"
Full Game 6 coverage below--
Islanders get a shot at a power play as the Lightning are called for too many players on the ice.
It's OT time!
To overtime, we go! Bolts will play out the remainder of a four-minute power play after Greene gets called for a double minor for catching Kucherov high with his stick.
After two periods of play, the score remains 1-1. The shots on goal are 27 for Tampa Bay and 12 for New York.
The first period is in the books and we're tied 1-1.
The Lightning answer with a first-period goal of their own. This one came off the stick of Victor Hedman, who is on fire as of late.
The Islanders strike first with a goal by Devon Toews in the first period. Lee and Barzal get the assists. It's 1-0 Islanders.
The puck has dropped and Game 6 of the Eastern Conference Final between the Tampa Bay Lightning and the New York Islanders is underway.
Tampa Bay's Game 6 lineup is out.
What other people are reading right now:
- Florida Sheriff: Hurricane Sally knocks out section of Pensacola's new Three-Mile Bridge
- Florida approved to pay out fourth week of federal unemployment benefits
- Florida's senators push for bill that would keep US on Daylight Saving Time
- Hillsborough County Commissioners declare racism a public health crisis
- 2-year-old boy from Escambia County now the youngest in Florida to die of COVID-19
- Anti-mask group parade through Florida Target: 'Take off your mask'
►Breaking news and weather alerts: Get the free 10 Tampa Bay app
►Stay In the Know! Sign up now for the Brightside Blend Newsletter