TAMPA, Fla. — Nino Niedereitter, Jordan Staal and Steven Lorentz scored second-period goals to lead the Carolina Hurricanes to a 4-1 victory over the Tampa Bay Lightning.
Jordan Martinook added an empty-net goal with 2.2 seconds left. Alex Nedeljkovic stopped 26 shots for the victory.
Brayden Point scored for Tampa Bay. Andrei Vasilevskiy finished with 32 saves.
Tuesday's game was the last time these two teams would face off for the season. Tampa Bay finished 4-3-1 against Carolina.
What other people are reading right now:
- Derek Chauvin found guilty of murder, manslaughter in death of George Floyd
- How long will Derek Chauvin go to prison for George Floyd's murder?
- Nancy Pelosi on George Floyd: 'Thank you...for sacrificing your life for justice'
- 'We are able to breathe again' | George Floyd's family reacts to Chauvin verdict, calls for police reform
- Deep well injection project approved for Piney Point
- Here's how to watch NASA, SpaceX's Crew-2 launch
►Breaking news and weather alerts: Get the free 10 Tampa Bay app
►Stay In the Know! Sign up now for the Brightside Blend Newsletter