TAMPA, Fla — Ross Colton scored in his NHL debut and Andrei Vasilevskiy made 25 saves in the Tampa Bay Lightning’s 3-0 victory over the Carolina Hurricanes on Wednesday night in the third of four straight games between the teams.
Blake Coleman and Barclay Goodrow also scored, and Alex Killorn had two assists. Vasilevskiy had his 22nd career shutout and first since March 2020 against Montreal.
Alex Nedeljkovic made 25 saves for the Hurricanes after shutting out the Lightning in his previous start. Carolina has lost consecutive games for the first time this season.
The teams will finish the series Thursday night in Tampa. They split the first two games in Raleigh.
- Tiger Woods expresses gratitude, recovering after car crash in Los Angeles
- Tampa teen accused of hacking into celebrity Twitter accounts to make court appearance
- You can register for a COVID-19 vaccine appointment at CVS
- Some moms are passing COVID-19 antibodies to their newborn babies
- St. Petersburg to rename library in honor of former President Barack Obama
►Breaking news and weather alerts: Get the free 10 Tampa Bay app
►Stay In the Know! Sign up now for the Brightside Blend Newsletter