TAMPA, Fla. — Victor Hedman scored 54 seconds into overtime to give the Tampa Bay Lightning a 3-2 victory against the Florida Panthers.
The Lightning remained tied for first place in the Central Division with Carolina, though the Hurricanes have a game in hand. Florida is one point back.
Andrei Vasilevskiy made 36 saves for his NHL-leading 26th victory of the season and added an assist. Alex Killorn had a goal and an assist. Ross Colton also scored for Tampa Bay. Chris Driedger stopped 15 shots for the Panthers.
Patric Hornqvist and Anthony Duclair scored for Florida, which has one win in the past four games.
The Bolts are now 3-2 against Florida this season. They have won 10 out of their last 11 home games against the Panthers.
Today's victory is the start of a six-game homestand for the team.
The Associated Press contributed to this article.
What other people are reading right now:
- Florida 'anti-riot' bill headed to Gov. DeSantis' desk after being passed by the Senate
- Rays propose 'world class' multi-sport stadium in St. Pete for Rays and Rowdies
- $235 million: Pasco County man is youngest player in Florida lottery history to win Powerball jackpot
- Florida House passes bill banning transgender girls from school sports
- 'This is a disease, not a lack of willpower': Alcohol Awareness Month brings attention to pandemic drinking habits
- Derek Chauvin trial: Chauvin won't take the stand in his own defense
- Red tide warning signs to be placed on some beaches across Sarasota County
- Tampa Bay districts detail fall learning methods: See county-by-county plans
- Did you lose your vaccine card? Here's what to do next
►Breaking news and weather alerts: Get the free 10 Tampa Bay app
►Stay In the Know! Sign up now for the Brightside Blend Newsletter