TORONTO, ON — Tyler Johnson scored the tie-breaking goal with 87 seconds left to lead the Tampa Bay Lightning to a 3-2 victory over Boston.
The Presidents' Trophy-winning Bruins fell to their second straight loss in the NHL’s playoff seeding round.
Andrei Vasilevskiy stopped 25 shots for the Lightning, who improved to 2-0 in the three-game round-robin.
Tampa Bay would earn the top seed in the East with a victory over Philadelphia on Saturday.
Tuukka Rask made 32 saves for the Bruins.
They led the NHL with 100 points in the pandemic-shortened regular season but can now finish no higher than No. 3.
- Court hearing for Tampa teen accused of being 'mastermind' behind Twitter hack gets interrupted by porn
- Florida's largest teachers' union gets emergency hearing in lawsuit to stop schools from reopening
- Hillsborough County votes to dissolve its emergency policy group
- Another 247 people in Florida have died from COVID-19
- Lebanese confront devastation after massive Beirut explosion
- Early voting begins across Tampa Bay this week
FREE 10 TAMPA BAY APP:
►Stay In the Know! Sign up now for the Brightside Blend Newsletter