RALEIGH, N.C. — Brayden Point and Ross Colton scored and Andrei Vasilevskiy controlled the crease, helping the Tampa Bay Lightning beat the Carolina Hurricanes 2-0 on Tuesday night to win the second-round playoff series in five games.
Vasilevskiy finished with 29 saves in another strong road performance in the series. He allowed two goals on 70 shots in the first two games.
Point's goal came in the second period, and Colton scored in the third. Alex Nedeljkovic had 23 saves for Carolina.
The Central Division champions lost all three home games in the series.
What other people are reading right now:
- Alligator attacks woman walking dog in Palm Harbor
- US Senate report details sweeping failures around Jan. 6 Capitol attack
- Hernando County kennel operator ordered to never again own an animal in Florida
- New FDA approved Alzheimer’s treatment 'brings hope,' even if it’s not a 'miracle drug'
- 4-year-old shoots 6-year-old in Tampa, police say
►Breaking news and weather alerts: Get the free 10 Tampa Bay app
►Stay In the Know! Sign up now for the Brightside Blend Newsletter