TAMPA, Fla. — The Tampa Bay Lightning punched their ticket to the Stanley Cup Semifinals with their 2-0 Game 5 victory against the Hurricanes.
8:46 p.m.: Lightning extend their lead. Bolts are head of the Hurricanes 2-0 in the third period.
8:10 p.m.: After two periods, the Lightning still lead the Hurricanes 1-0.
7:44 p.m.: Lightning score on the power play. Bolts lead 1-0.
7:17 p.m.: Period No. 1 comes to an end, and we're scoreless in Raleigh.
The Lightning are, once again, in enemy territory and hoping to win on the road at PNC Arena in Raleigh.
The good news? The Lightning are 2-0 on the road in this second-round series. Plus, the Lightning never lost two straight games during their run to the Stanley Cup in 2020. They’re 10-0 in games following a loss over the last two postseasons.
Should the Hurricanes force Game 6 the two teams will head back to the Amalie Arena for a 6:30 p.m. face-off on June 10.
What other people are reading right now:
- How to take mental health leave from work
- Jury selection for Riverview man accused of killing girlfriend, daughter set for Monday
- Police: Man shoots, kills 2 people, including teen; leaves 3 others injured before turning the gun on himself in South Florida
- FHP: Man hit pedestrian in Weeki Wachee, dumped man's remains at back of bait shop in Spring Hill
- Woman accused of hit-and-run crash at cycling studio arrested, FHP says
►Breaking news and weather alerts: Get the free 10 Tampa Bay app
►Stay In the Know! Sign up now for the Brightside Blend Newsletter