TAMPA, Fla. — The Tampa Bay Lightning will start the 2019-20 season Oct. 3 in their Amalie Arena home, but the season will also see them play as far away as Sweden.
The team released the 82-game schedule Tuesday.
Among the highlights:
- The Oct. 3 season home opener will be against the Florida Panthers, but the next six games will be on the road.
- The Bolts will take on the Stanley Cup champion St. Louis Blues twice. The games will be nine days apart: Nov. 19 at St. Louis and Nov. 29 in Tampa.
- They won't take on Columbus Blue Jackets, the team that swept them in the 2019 playoffs, until Feb. 10, 2020.
- The Lightning will play the Buffalo Sabres Nov. 8 and 9 in Stockholm, Sweden.
What other people are reading right now:
- Police: Man shot baby in the head after child's mom rejected his advances
- Identity of 2nd body found in orange grove released
- 85 people arrested in Hillsborough County human trafficking sting
- Teen escapes from Florida juvenile facility
- Hold your horses: Horseback riding ban could be coming to Tampa Bay
►Make it easy to keep up-to-date with more stories like this. Download the 10News app now.