TAMPA, Fla. — Andrei Vasilevskiy wrapped up a series with a Game 6 shutout for the second straight time, stopping 29 shots in the Tampa Bay Lightning’s 4-0 victory over the Florida Panthers on Wednesday night.
Vasilevskiy also shut out the Dallas Stars last year to win the Stanley Cup.
The Lightning advanced to face the Carolina-Nashville winner in the second round. Tampa Bay advanced to the second round for the fifth time in the past seven years.
The Panthers have not won a playoff series since the 1996 Eastern Conference Finals.
Steven Stamkos scored his third goal of the series and Pat Maroon added his first.
Brayden Point added his fourth of the series in the third period and Alex Killorn had an empty-netter.
What other people are reading right now:
- Tips for creating a summer routine for your family
- USF virologist talks who should still wear a mask and if we'll need booster shots
- Here's why mosquito control workers are warning you about Eastern Equine Encephalitis
- New grand jury seated for next stage of Trump investigation
- Flesh-eating 'black fungus' killing off patients who survived COVID-19
►Breaking news and weather alerts: Get the free 10 Tampa Bay app
►Stay In the Know! Sign up now for the Brightside Blend Newsletter