TAMPA, Fla. — Ice ice, baby. The Lightning unveiled their 2020 Stanley Cup rings Friday evening.
On Twitter, the team posted a series of photos showing all the details. And, after winning it all during a season significantly altered and reimagined because of the COVID-19 pandemic, why not wear something that's equally unforgettable.
Decked out in 14-karat white gold and 557 diamonds, the rings feature subtle details that hold meaning to the franchise. There are 27 custom-cut sapphires around the team logo which represent how many years the organization has existed.
The next time Tampa Bay takes the ice is Sunday against the Columbus Blue Jackets.
What other people are reading right now:
- NASA, SpaceX Crew-2 launches from Kennedy Space Center
- Researchers are studying what effect red tide has on people's brains
- More $1,400 stimulus checks sent. Here's who's getting them.
- Woman and infant son dead in 'tragic crash' between car and train in Frostproof, deputies says
- Florida police officers charged with issuing dozens of bogus citations
- Your guide to the 2021 Firestone Grand Prix of St. Petersburg
►Breaking news and weather alerts: Get the free 10 Tampa Bay app
►Stay In the Know! Sign up now for the Brightside Blend Newsletter