RALEIGH, N.C. — Ondrej Palat snapped a tie 8:04 into the third period, and the Tampa Bay Lightning beat the Carolina Hurricanes 4-2.
Palat, Steven Stamkos and Victor Hedman each had a goal and an assist for the Lightning, who were shut out in each of their first two matchups with the Hurricanes this season.
Stamkos got the Lightning on the board early in the second.
Palat picked up his seventh goal when he poked his own rebound off the skates of Carolina defenseman Brady Skjei and goalie James Reimer before it went into the net.
- Why the vaccine isn't a green light to return to life before COVID-19
- 'I was horrified': Rep. Crist on DeSantis' vaccine site in wealthy Manatee County neighborhood
- NASA captures first sounds on Mars, remarkable video of rover landing
- Pinellas County middle schooler arrested for 'joke' about school shooting, deputies say
- Meteor sends blast of light across the sky in Alberta, Canada
- St. Petersburg mayor on lowering flags for Limbaugh: 'We don't honor hatred'
►Breaking news and weather alerts: Get the free 10 Tampa Bay app
►Stay In the Know! Sign up now for the Brightside Blend Newsletter