TAMPA, Fla. — The year 2020 could be an exciting one for the Tampa Bay Lightning.
The Lightning announced Saturday they will have a conditional first-round pick in the drafts in 2020.
For 2019 the team will have the third-round selection and 71 overall.
The team will also have goaltender Marek Mazanec from the Vancouver Canucks in exchange for forward J.T. Miller.
If the Canucks don’t make the playoffs in 2019-20, the first-round selection will move to the 2021 draft.
What other people are reading right now:
- Father and son bring gibberish-filled chat to Denny's ad
- Report: Tampa, St. Pete residents need to make $21.79 an hour to pay rent
- Florida man throws feces at judge during trial, misses
- Mom reunited with son who the FBI says was kidnapped and taken to Lebanon; dad in custody
- St. Pete Pride 2019 is here: Parking, events, the parade, what to know
- Here’s why the Rays won’t become a two-city team | Opinion
►Make it easy to keep up-to-date with more stories like this. Download the 10News app now.