TAMPA, Fla — Anthony Cirelli scored two goals for Tampa Bay, and the Lightning beat the Nashville Predators 3-1 for their fifth straight victory.
The defending Stanley Cup champs extended the NHL’s longest winning streak even with goaltender Andrei Vasilevskiy getting his first night off this season. Curtis McElhinney started in net and made 22 saves for the win.
Blake Coleman and Steven Stamkos each scored an empty-net goal in the final 98 seconds.
Nashville's Dante Fabbro scored his first goal of the season on the man advantage at 11:08 of the third.
- 'This is dangerous stuff': Hacker increased chemical level at Oldsmar's city water system, sheriff says
- When will the Buccaneers' Super Bowl championship parade be held?
- They're going to Disney World! Brady and Gronk set to visit the 'most magical place on Earth'
- US Air Force performs trifecta flyover at Super Bowl LV in Tampa
- 'We f---ing did it': Super Bowl streaker linked to YouTuber with history of similar stunts
- Meet the Glazer family: The Tampa Bay Buccaneers owners for the last 26 years
►Breaking news and weather alerts: Get the free 10 Tampa Bay app
►Stay In the Know! Sign up now for the Brightside Blend Newsletter