TAMPA, Fla — Bill Wickett will be leaving the Tampa Bay Lightning after more than 20 years of being the team's spokesperson.
Wickett is exiting his role as executive vice president of communications for the Lightning to join the Nashville Predators as executive vice president and chief marketing officer. He joined Tampa Bay in 1999 after working with the Detroit Pistons NBA team.
Along with being the face and voice of the Lightning's communications team, Wickett has been deeply involved in cultivating the team's image by overseeing broadcasting, game presentation, and all editorial content for the organization.
- Polk County deputy accused of making threats related to Capitol riot
- Funeral held for Hillsborough Master Corporal Brian LaVigne, killed 1 shift before retirement
- Why the 'frozen tundra' may not be a disadvantage Sunday for Bucs in Green Bay
- Tampa Bay saw snow on this day 44 years ago
- Inauguration Day 2021: What we know about the plans so far
►Breaking news and weather alerts: Get the free 10 Tampa Bay app
►Stay In the Know! Sign up now for the Brightside Blend Newsletter