RALEIGH, N.C. — Keep up with live updates of the game on 10 Tampa Bay's Twitter here.
The Tampa Bay Lightning are skating closer to another Stanley Cup championship as they take on the Carolina Hurricanes in the second round of the playoff series.
The Hurricanes had home-ice advantage for the best-of-seven series as Central Division champions.
Despite that, the Lightning held on to win 2-1 over the Hurricanes.
Lightning fans came out Sunday to be the "Distant Thunder" at Amalie Arena.
Lightning fans are the Distant Thunder at Amalie Arena
The Lightning are the reigning Stanley Cup champions and got a boost with the return of star Nikita Kucherov after he missed the regular season following hip surgery.
Kucherov had three goals and eight assists in a six-game series win against Florida in the first round.
Carolina won its own six-game series against Nashville in the first round.
The Hurricanes will also have an increased capacity of more than 16,000 fans for home games. The Lightning announced this week they would have an increased capacity of 13,500 fans at Amalie Arena, up from 9,000 allowed in during Round 1.
What other people are reading right now:
- Schedule for Lightning and Hurricanes' Round 2 playoff series released
- What can I get tax-free during Florida's Disaster Preparedness Sales Tax Holiday?
- Attorney: Tampa man accused of taking selfie inside Senate during US Capitol riot to appear in court
- 6-year-old boy on life support after getting caught in Orlando parking garage gate, police say
- Polk Sheriff Grady Judd issues warning to two 'beefing' gangs accused of 16 drive-by shootings
- 12 stingrays die suddenly in ZooTampa exhibit; habitat to be closed for at least 8 weeks
- What to do this weekend around Tampa Bay
►Breaking news and weather alerts: Get the free 10 Tampa Bay app
►Stay In the Know! Sign up now for the Brightside Blend Newsletter