RALEIGH, N.C. — Alex Killorn and Anthony Cirelli scored while Andrei Vasilevskiy was strong in the net once again, helping the Tampa Bay Lightning beat the Carolina Hurricanes 2-1 for a 2-0 lead in their second-round playoff series.
Vasilevskiy finished with 31 saves. Andrei Svechnikov scored Carolina's only goal.
The Lightning won the first two games on the road to open their first-round series at Florida.
Now the reigning Stanley Cup champions are up 2-0 on the Central Division champions entering Game 3 at Tampa Bay.
What other people are reading right now:
- Lightning look to extend lead over Hurricanes in Game 2 of Stanley Cup Playoffs Round 2
- President Biden tasks VP Harris to lead Dems in voting rights bill push in Congress
- Hurricane season officially begins today
- Tips on getting your business ready for hurricane season
- What can I get tax-free during Florida's Disaster Preparedness Sales Tax Holiday?
►Breaking news and weather alerts: Get the free 10 Tampa Bay app
►Stay In the Know! Sign up now for the Brightside Blend Newsletter