TAMPA, Fla. — The Tampa Bay Lightning have signed free agent Luke Schenn, 29, to a one-year contract valued at $700,000.
Vice President and General Manager Julien BriseBois announced the 6-foot-2, 221-pound defenseman would be joining the team.
Last season, Schenn skated in 26 games with the Anaheim Ducks and Vancouver Canucks, recording two assists.
The Saskatoon, Saskatchewan, native has played in 734 career NHL games with the Toronto Maple Leafs, Philadelphia Flyers, Los Angeles Kings, Arizona Coyotes, Ducks and Canucks. In those games, he recorded 30 goals, 145 points and 545 penalty minutes.
He was the fifth-overall draft pick by Toronto in the first round of the 2008 NHL Draft.
What other people are reading right now:
- Plane heading to St. Pete crashes in Texas, killing 10
- Trooper gets emotional signing off for the last time
- FDA identifies dog foods possibly linked to fatal canine heart disease
- Report: NASA to explore asteroid so valuable it could make everybody on Earth billionaires
- Teammates, coaches and parents gather to remember teen killed on bicycle
►Make it easy to keep up-to-date with more stories like this. Download the 10News app now.