The third annual Skyway 10K will be held on March 1, 2020.
That announcement was made Thursday morning in St. Petersburg.
The run will be limited to 8,000 people.
The lottery for the race opens on Oct. 3 and closes on Oct. 20.
Registration opens on Oct. 21.
The Skyway 10K is the only yearly run across the iconic Bob Graham Sunshine Skyway Bridge. It benefits the nonprofit Armed Forces Families Foundation, which supports our military service members and their loved ones.
Since 2006, the Armed Forces Families Foundation has given back more than $2 million to deserving projects.
The Skyway 10K donates 100 percent of all race registration fees to the charity.
On Thursday, race organizers presented the organization with a check for $640,000. The money represents the total race registration fees for the 2019 race.
10News is a proud sponsor of the Skyway 10K.
What other people are reading right now:
- NFL star Antonio Brown's former trainer accuses him of rape
- How one deadly secret led to the murder of an entire family
- Rare Friday the 13th full moon to appear this week
- Police: 5 people hurt, one person arrested after stabbing in Tallahassee
- Former Florida Gators linebacker, NFL player Neiron Ball dies at age 27