NEW YORK — He may be a Florida native, but Pete Alonso’s in a New York State of Mind, especially Wednesday night.
Alonso, a rookie for the New York Mets and a Tampa native, had custom cleats made for his entire club, in remembrance of September 11, 2001. He and his teammates wore them during Wednesday’s game against the Arizona Diamondbacks, as a tribute the eighteenth anniversary of 9/11.
Alonso went to Plant High School and the University of Florida before debuting as a first baseman for the Mets earlier this season.
What other people are reading right now:
- NFL star Antonio Brown's former trainer accuses him of rape
- How one deadly secret led to the murder of an entire family
- Rare Friday the 13th full moon to appear this week
- Police: 5 people hurt, one person arrested after stabbing in Tallahassee
- Former Florida Gators linebacker, NFL player Neiron Ball dies at age 27
FREE 10NEWS APP:
►Stay In the Know! Sign up now for the Brightside Blend Newsletter