SAN DIEGO — Is it too early to rename Tampa Bay "Title Bay"? Didn't think so.
The Tampa Bay Rays are just two wins away from their second trip to the World Series ever.
The team took a 2-0 lead in the American League Championship Series Monday night.
It was outfielder Manny Margot's time to shine! He hit a three-run home run in the first inning and had an amazing catch, jumping over the wall in foul territory in right field to snag a flyball.
The Astros didn't go away quietly though. It was a stressful top of the ninth inning as they got bases loaded, with no outs and were down 4-1. Luckily the Rays were able to hold them back, giving up only one run to win the game 4-2.
Game three is Tuesday night. The first pitch is at 8:40 p.m. Ryan Yarbrough will take the mound for the Rays. His only other appearance this postseason was Game 4 against the Yankees where he pitched five-innings and gave up two runs. Jose Urquidy will take the mound for the Astros. His last postseason appearance was Game 3 against the Oakland Athletics where he pitched 4 1/3 innings and gave up five runs.
What other people are reading right now:
- Trump holds 1st rally since contracting coronavirus, tells Florida crowd he feels 'powerful'
- Rays beat Astros in Game 2, take 2-0 ALCS lead
- Amy Coney Barrett vows to interpret laws 'as they are written'
- What is Indigenous Peoples Day? And what happened to Columbus Day?
- Drivers arrested, accused of racing on the Sunshine Skyway Bridge
- What you need to know about the 6 constitutional amendments on Florida ballots
►Breaking news and weather alerts: Get the free 10 Tampa Bay app
►Stay In the Know! Sign up now for the Brightside Blend Newsletter