TAMPA, Fla. — After six straight losses over the last week, the Rays are trying to find a spark within the farm system.
Wander Franco will be called up to the big leagues on Tuesday when the team hosts the Red Sox.
The Tampa Bay Times was first to break the news.
10 Tampa Bay sports reporter Grace Remington confirmed the news.
Many thought Franco would get the call earlier this month when the team brought in Taylor Walls but the franchise decided that this was the right moment.
Wander Franco is the No. 1 overall prospect in baseball. He entered the season ranked by Baseball America and MLB.com as the No. 1 prospect for a second straight year.
- Officials say Florida deadly Pride parade crash was not intentional
- Police: Man dead after car crashes into Hillsborough River
- Florida couple faces $50 a day fine for displaying small gay pride flag
- Saharan dust prompts Hillsborough County to issue air pollution precaution
- Man arrested in connection to woman's burned body found near Skyway bridge
- 'Huge' car dealer Billy Fuccillo dies in Florida at 64
- Don't do this: Illegally-parked car gets swamped
- A Frank Conversation: New podcast explores race, religion, politics and more
►Breaking news and weather alerts: Get the free 10 Tampa Bay app
►Stay In the Know! Sign up now for the Brightside Blend Newsletter