TAMPA, Fla. — Tampa Bay Rowdies Head Coach Neill Collins and two more members of the soccer franchise have tested positive for the coronavirus, the team and soccer league have confirmed.
As a result, all three individuals will miss the upcoming USL Championship Final against Phoenix Rising FC at 8:30 p.m. ET Sunday.
The USL Championship said the three were "immediately isolated at home and are recovering in good spirits under the care of team physicians and infectious disease experts."
Upon getting the news, two Tampa Bay sports organizations actually teamed up with the Tampa Bay Rays by offering up their medical facilities for Rowdies players, staff and executive personnel to undergo rapid testing. No additional people tested positive.
What other people are reading right now:
- Ideas for a safe Halloween during the coronavirus pandemic
- Florida has now seen more than 800,000 COVID-19 cases 7 months
- Bacteria lurking in Florida water responsible for hundreds of deaths
- NHC monitoring system in southwestern Caribbean Sea, could become tropical depression this weekend
- Massive python found under the hood of car in South Florida
- 3 ways election night 2020 could be different
- What you need to know about the 6 constitutional amendments on Florida ballots
►Breaking news and weather alerts: Get the free 10 Tampa Bay app
►Stay In the Know! Sign up now for the Brightside Blend Newsletter