TAMPA, Fla. — With the Lightning just one win away from advancing to the next round of the Stanley Cup playoffs, practically everyone in the Tampa Bay community is rallying behind the team— including Tom Brady.
The legendary Bucs quarterback cheered on the Bolts in a video posted to the NHL on NBC Sports' Twitter.
"Let's go for two, people. Let's keep Lord Stanley in the Bay, right where he belongs. Let's get that cup again," the seven-time Super Bowl champion said.
Tampa Bay Lightning beat the Carolina Hurricanes 6-4 Saturday to open a commanding lead in their second-round playoff series. They lead the Hurricanes 3-1 in the best-of-seven series heading into Game 5 on Tuesday night at Carolina.
What other people are reading right now:
- How to take mental health leave from work
- Jury selection for Riverview man accused of killing girlfriend, daughter set for Monday
- Police: Man shoots, kills 2 people, including teen; leaves 3 others injured before turning the gun on himself in South Florida
- FHP: Man hit pedestrian in Weeki Wachee, dumped man's remains at back of bait shop in Spring Hill
- Woman accused of hit-and-run crash at cycling studio arrested, FHP says
►Breaking news and weather alerts: Get the free 10 Tampa Bay app
►Stay In the Know! Sign up now for the Brightside Blend Newsletter