TAMPA, Fla. — Getting into the NCAA Tournament was going to be a tall ask for head coach Billy Mohl and the USF Baseball team just two weeks ago.
Needing to win the conference tournament, the team held off UCF in the championship game to earn a spot in the Gainesville regional.
The Bulls moved past Florida, Miami, and South Alabama to find themselves on a date with the 2nd ranked Texas Longhorns this weekend.
"Play for one more night, play to be here one more time. There's a lot of guys who, you know, this could be their last weekend. Play for them," First-baseman Riley Hogan said earlier this week about the team's mindset over this last month.
The Bulls and Longhorns square off for the first game of a best of three series Saturday at 9:00 ET.
What other people are reading right now:
- Lightning will face New York Islanders in Stanley Cup Semifinals
- Tampa teen believes cryptocurrency is the future of finance
- Firefighters discover body while fighting grass fire near Sunshine Skyway Bridge
- Coughing at a Pinellas County beach? Red tide could be why
- Man identified 27 years after body found in Florida woods
►Breaking news and weather alerts: Get the free 10 Tampa Bay app
►Stay In the Know! Sign up now for the Brightside Blend Newsletter