After a controversial Kentucky Derby, the Preakness was eventful in its own right.
War of Will bounced back from a bumpy ride at the Kentucky Derby to win the 144th running of the Preakness Stakes Saturday night in Maryland. But, the most shocking moment was when fellow horse Bodexpress bucked off his jockey.
Bodexpress threw Hall of Fame jockey John Velazquez just out of the starting gate but still finished the race. An outrider tried to swoop in at the top of the stretch and corral Bodexpress, but the horse sped up and passed a few competitors near the finish line — and kept going. Technically, Bodexpress gets a did-not-finish.
Velazquez is fine after being tossed from the horse. You can watch the unexpected moment below.
Can't see the clips below? Click here to watch.
The Associated Press contributed to this report.
What other people are reading right now:
- Teen girl was driven around the state, sold for sex for six months, say officials
- Video: Tornado touches down, wreaks havoc in Kansas
- Man who impregnated 10-year-old says he doesn't deserve the 160 year sentence
- A mom and her toddler were shot to death as she tried to shield him; now family is desperate to know who did it
- Gov. Ron DeSantis has tense exchange with school board member during first lady's visit