MIAMI — As a solution to Miami’s notoriously congested traffic, Tesla Inc. founder Elon Musk is proposing to dig tunnels with The Boring Company to help.
Experts say the idea would be costly and is fraught with engineering obstacles, but it’s not outright crazy.
Musk is the founder of SpaceX and Neuralink. He tweeted that he's spoken with Florida Gov. Ron DeSantis about the idea.
Republican Miami Mayor Francis Suarez described the idea as a “no brainer.” Suarez tweeted that Miami would love to be the "prototype city.”
Democratic Miami-Dade Democratic Mayor Daniella Levine Cava and Florida’s Republican chief financial officer Jimmy Patronis also expressed enthusiasm.
- President Biden signs first executive orders on climate, coronavirus
- 10 facts about Kamala Harris, America's history-making vice president
- Third stimulus check: When could you get $1,400 now that Biden is officially the president?
- 14 Manatee County sheriff's deputies served at Biden's inauguration
- Why the 'frozen tundra' may not be a disadvantage Sunday for Bucs in Green Bay
- How to get a COVID-19 vaccine at Publix
►Breaking news and weather alerts: Get the free 10 Tampa Bay app
►Stay In the Know! Sign up now for the Brightside Blend Newsletter