CAPE CANAVERAL, Fla. — Spacewalking astronauts are adding another parking spot to the International Space Station.
NASA astronauts Nick Hague and Andrew Morgan floated outside Wednesday to install a docking port delivered by SpaceX last month. The port will be used by SpaceX and Boeing once they start launching astronauts to the orbiting lab late this year or early next year.
This is the station's second docking port for commercial crew capsules. The first was installed three years ago. The newest port replaces one that was destroyed during a SpaceX launch accident in 2015.
It's the third spacewalk for Hague and the first for Morgan, an Army doctor who moved in a month ago.
What other people are reading right now:
- SCARY VIDEO: Rope snaps seconds before slingshot ride launches at Florida park
- Escaped inmate dies by suicide after being accused of killing Lakeland man
- Deputies: Florida man botched castration procedure for man he met on the dark web
- Child left paralyzed on Florida vacation going home
- There's a massive cave system under Florida. This diver helped to map it out.
►Make it easy to keep up-to-date with more stories like this. Download the 10News app now.