TALLAHASSEE, Fla. — Love fish and live in Florida? Now you can let the world know by getting a 'Conserve Florida's Fisheries' specialty license plate.
The plate is the latest one available to Florida drivers.
The Florida Department of Highway Safety and Motor Vehicles says the money from the plates will go to Coastal Conservation Association Florida to support their mission and efforts for habitat enhancement and restoration, saltwater fisheries conservation, and education.
Floridians who preordered the specialty plate can go redeem it at their local tax collector's office or license plate agency. Anyone looking to get a plate can now also buy one at that office.
In May 2021, the FDHSMV reported there were 1.7 million specialty plates registered overall.
What other people are reading right now:
- Lightning will face New York Islanders in Stanley Cup Semifinals
- Tampa teen believes cryptocurrency is the future of finance
- Firefighters discover body while fighting grass fire near Sunshine Skyway Bridge
- Coughing at a Pinellas County beach? Red tide could be why
- Man identified 27 years after body found in Florida woods
►Breaking news and weather alerts: Get the free 10 Tampa Bay app
►Stay In the Know! Sign up now for the Brightside Blend Newsletter