NEW PORT RICHEY, Fla. — The search is on for a hit-and-run driver wanted in a deadly overnight crash in Pasco County.
It happened around 1 a.m. Saturday at Heritage Lake Boulevard and Little Road, according to the Florida Highway Patrol.
Troopers say Anthony Talotta, 26, was walking north on the east shoulder of Little Road and was hit as he crossed the street. He died at the scene of the crash, they said.
It's believed the driver, behind the wheel of a silver or light gray Toyota Tacoma pickup truck, took off.
Anyone with information about the crash is asked to call Florida Highway Patrol at 813-558-1800.
What other people are reading right now:
- Police: Armed man upset with ex-girlfriend leads to 3-county incident, MacDill AFB lockdown
- Sheriff: 'Pure evil' man purposely ran over veteran because he wanted to kill somebody
- Driver accused of hitting, killing pedestrian on Bayshore Boulevard charged
- White House considering dramatic expansion of travel ban
- 'This is about making sure we get poo out of the water': Senator calls for tougher penalties for sewage spills
- Toilet paper robot will deliver a fresh roll when you're stranded