CLEARWATER, Fla. — The Clearwater Police Department arrested the woman they say is responsible for hitting two motorcyclists Friday night before leaving the scene.
According to a release, Paula Rowe, 47, called the police department at 8 a.m., nearly 12 hours after she is accused of hitting the motorcyclists waiting to turn left on State Road 590.
One of the motorcyclists was taken as a trauma alert to Bayfront Health-St. Petersburg where he is in critical condition, police say.
Rowe said she left the scene because she was scared, according to officers. After the crash, her car broke down and was towed to her apartment complex. Police have impounded Rowe's 2007 BMW.
Rowe is facing two counts of leaving the scene of a crash involving injury related to the crash.
What other people are reading right now:
- Live updates: Lightning take the ice for Game 4 of the Stanley Cup Final
- DeSantis wants to ease restaurant restrictions, may override local rules
- $5K reward offered for information in deadly shooting of Florida 3-year-old
- NCAA recommends waving requirements, making all college football teams eligible for bowls in 2020
- FHP: Man installing I-4 roadway marker killed after being hit by car, thrown from overpass
- Retired circus elephants get new home at northeastern Florida refuge
- Rare, 'patternless' rattlesnake found in Florida
- Results of climate change: Warmer world, stronger storms
►Breaking news and weather alerts: Get the free 10 Tampa Bay app
►Stay In the Know! Sign up now for the Brightside Blend Newsletter