TAMPA, Fla. — Two school buses were involved in a crash on westbound Interstate 4 in Hillsborough County.
Florida Highway Patrol said the crash happened near mile marker 10 just east of Interstate 75. Troopers said there are several minor injuries in the crash, but did not specify if students were injured.
FHP said the first bus slowed for other traffic and the second bus failed to slow or stop and hit the rear of the first bus. No one was transported from the scene, troopers say.
The second bus had to be towed from the interstate because of a broken radiator. The driver of the second bus was ticketed for careless driving.
The buses are from Forest Lake Education Center in Longwood.
What other people are reading right now:
- Woman pushed elderly man from bus after he told her to be nice, police say
- Florida mayor threatens to kill neighbors after incident with his daughter, police say
- Mom, 2 kids died in Town 'n' Country apartment fire, sheriff says
- Thinking about getting the hepatitis A vaccine? You might need your wallet
- Video shows healthcare staff punching, beating man with disabilities with belt
►Make it easy to keep up-to-date with more stories like this. Download the 10News app now.