PINELLAS COUNTY, Fla. — Commuters dealt with traffic delays on the Pinellas County side of the Sunshine Skyway Bridge after a crash Friday afternoon.
FHP says both southbound lanes were closed around 11:40 a.m. at MM9 for a crash involving roofing debris that caused nails, shingles, etc. to spill on the roadway.
The trailer attached to the back of the truck started to jackknife while on the decline of the bridge, causing the crash to happen past the bridge. The momentum sent the truck crashing into the concrete wall on the inside lane.
The shoulder of the road was opened around 12:57 p.m.to allow traffic to go by.
Both southbound lanes have been reopened as of 4 p.m.
What other people are reading right now:
- DEA looking for a contractor who can burn 1,000 pounds of marijuana per hour
- VIDEO: Mob of motorcyclists attacks pregnant woman in broad daylight
- He wants $1.8 million because his supervisor farted on him
- Disney World to ban smoking, ice and certain strollers beginning May 1
- 62-year-old woman claims $1 million prize in scratch-off lottery game
►Make it easy to keep up-to-date with more stories like this. Download the 10News app now.