UPDATE: 1 a.m. Friday
The bridge has reopened.
It may be just the beginning of a long night.
Florida Highway Patrol shut down the Sunshine Skyway Bridge in both directions Thursday afternoon because of strong winds.
According to a tweet from FHP, wind gusts have reached more than 40 miles per hour.
Drivers traveling from Pinellas to Manatee County can take the Gandy Bridge to the Selmon Expressway and follow I-75 South through Hillsborough County.
What other people are reading right now:
- Florida Highway Patrol trooper shot and killed on I-95
- President Trump to give impeachment acquittal speech Thursday
- Did Speaker Nancy Pelosi break the law when ripping State of the Union speech?
- VERIFY: Fact-checking President Trump's third State of the Union address
- Florida severe weather outlook: Strong winds, a tornado possible
- Bright meteor caught on doorbell camera plummeting to Earth
- FBI joins search for missing Florida baby after triple murder