ST. PETERSBURG, Fla. — The southbound lanes have reopened to traffic.
The previous story is below.
Traffic on the Sunshine Skyway Bridge slowed to a complete stop during the Tuesday evening rush hour.
A reported car fire in the southbound lanes blocked traffic around 6:30 p.m., according to the Florida Department of Transportation. The bridge was shut down to traffic as crews assisted.
It's not yet known if anyone was hurt.
Traffic heading north on the Sunshine Skyway Bridge (Interstate 275) appeared to be flowing normally.
- COVID-19 latest: Florida reports 41 more deaths, adds 4,663 cases
- SpaceX's Crew Dragon Resilience docks at the ISS
- Rapper Lil Wayne charged with federal gun offense in Florida
- Walmart announces free Thanksgiving dinner for everyone
- Gunman wanted after mother of 2 gets shot in St. Pete, police say
- Iota now a tropical storm, still bringing flash flooding, mudslide threat Tuesday
►Breaking news and weather alerts: Get the free 10 Tampa Bay app
►Stay In the Know! Sign up now for the Brightside Blend Newsletter