TAMPA, Fla. — A Pasco County man has been charged in connection with a deadly crash on the entrance road from northbound Interstate 275 to Tampa International Airport, according to Tampa police.
Alexander Jacobson, 30, is charged with two counts of DUI manslaughter and two counts of vehicular homicide.
Investigators say he was driving the wrong way when he hit a rideshare car driving in the correct, northbound direction. The rideshare driver and passenger in the car were killed.
It happened around 3 a.m. Sunday.
Drivers were asked to avoid the area as the entrance road was shut down for several hours. It reopened not long after 10 a.m.
An investigation into the crash is ongoing.
What other people are reading right now:
- Kobe Bryant helicopter crash: What we know now
- California baseball coach, his wife and daughter killed in helicopter crash with Kobe Bryant
- Police: Wrong-way driver charged in crash that killed two people
- 62nd Grammys honor artists on music's biggest night
- The Tampa Bay 55 podcast is here. Listen to the first episode!
- Attention viewers: WTSP is undergoing planned work on our tower