CLEARWATER, Fla. — All lanes of U.S. 19 have reopened after a crash with injuries early Thursday morning, the Clearwater Police Department said.
The road was closed for several hours.
A Hyundai Santa Fe veered out of control, slammed into the divider at the Seville Boulevard exit and then crashed into the concrete median, according to the Clearwater Police Department.
The 20-year-old driver of the SUV was thrown through the windshield and taken to Bayfront Health St. Petersburg, police said. However, the man's injuries are not considered life-threatening.
Two women were passengers in the SUV. First responders took them to Morton Plant Hospital for treatment to minor injuries.
Investigators believe speed was a factor in the crash.
The investigation is ongoing.
Traffic Map: Click or tap here
What other people are reading right now:
- Woman pushed elderly man from bus after he told her to be nice, police say
- Florida mayor threatens to kill neighbors after incident with his daughter, police say
- Mom, 2 kids died in Town 'n' Country apartment fire, sheriff says
- Thinking about getting the hepatitis A vaccine? You might need your wallet
- Video shows healthcare staff punching, beating man with disabilities with belt
►Make it easy to keep up-to-date with more stories like this. Download the 10News app now.