TAMPA, Fla. — If you were looking for a low-cost option to make your way from Tampa to Milwaukee, you're in luck.
Spirit Airlines announced Friday it will begin nonstop daily flights from Tampa International Airport to Milwaukee Mitchell International Airport this fall.
According to TPA, the additional flight strategy "gives travelers from the Tampa Bay area another option in visiting the friendly city known for its famous breweries and baseball."
The new flights come at a time when the Tampa Bay area is seeing an increase in visitors from the Milwaukee area. TPA says, in the first few months of 2021, visitor traffic has increased 101 percent compared to 2019.
"Overall, there’s been an explosion of Midwest visitors flocking to the Tampa Bay area beaches and attractions, and airlines have added several new TPA routes to meet this demand," the airport said.
Spirit flights will launch from Airside A on Nov. 17.
- Number of people dead in Surfside building collapse rises to 4; 159 remain missing
- Derek Chauvin to be sentenced Friday in murder of George Floyd
- Do or die: Tampa Bay Lightning and New York Islanders go head to head in Game 7
- What to do this weekend around Tampa Bay
- A Frank Conversation: New podcast explores race, religion, politics and more
►Breaking news and weather alerts: Get the free 10 Tampa Bay app
►Stay In the Know! Sign up now for the Brightside Blend Newsletter