An American travel website company ranked six Florida beaches among the top 10 in the country.
TripAdvisor announced Wednesday its winners of the Travelers’ Choice awards for beaches.
The Tampa Bay area had three of the top 10 beaches in the U.S. with Clearwater Beach at No. 1, Siesta Beach at No. 2 and St. Pete Beach at No. 7.
The U.S. list also ranked three other Florida beaches with South Beach at No. 4, Fort Lauderdale Beach at No. 6 and Hollywood Beach at No. 8.
Grace Bay in Turks and Caicos won the top honor as the best beach in the world this year, up from the No. 2 ranking last year
Clearwater Beach was the only one in the U.S. to make the top 10 beaches in the world, according to TripAdvisor’s list. Worldwide, the company ranked Clearwater Beach at No. 7.
Top 10 beaches in the U.S.:
1. Clearwater Beach – Clearwater, Florida
2. Siesta Beach – Siesta Key, Florida
3. Ka'anapali Beach – Lahaina, Hawaii
4. South Beach – Miami Beach, Florida
5. Hanauma Bay Nature Preserve – Honolulu, Hawaii
6. Fort Lauderdale Beach – Fort Lauderdale, Florida
7. St. Pete Beach – St. Pete Beach, Florida
8. Hollywood Beach – Hollywood, Florida
9. Santa Monica Beach – Santa Monica, California
10. Lanikai Beach – Kailua, Hawaii
Top 10 beaches in the world:
1. Grace Bay – Providenciales, Turks and Caicos
2. Baia do Sancho – Fernando de Noronha, Brazil
3. Varadero Beach – Varadero, Cuba
4. Eagle Beach – Palm - Eagle Beach, Aruba
5. Seven Mile Beach – Seven Mile Beach, Cayman Islands
6. La Concha Beach – San Sebastian – Donostia, Spain
7. Clearwater Beach – Clearwater, Florida
8. Seven Mile Beach – Negril, Jamaica
9. Bavaro Beach – Bavaro, Dominican Republic
10. Playa Norte – Isla Mujeres, Mexico
To view the 2017 rankings: Click or tap here